Tuesday 13 December 2011

Ideas relay (4)

“The artist I was responding to gave me the passage “And surely, I am with you always, to the end of the age” out of Matt 28. I kept thinking about how Christ is “running the race” with us to the end. To me that race often feels like a marathon. It’s a journey through a lifetime, we are encouraged to run it well and to the end. But maybe it’s more like a relay race, passing the torch from one generation to the next, each one of us having our own part of the journey until we reach the “end of the age.” This running with the fire of the Holy Spirit, running with the fullness of the generations, through time, through space, between the physical and the spiritual...to the end... is what inspired this image.”

Bobbette Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment