Thursday 19 January 2012

Ideas Relay (12)

“Upon reading the vision statement by Jenny Hawke, I was immediately reminded of some of the great leaders in Christian History. "The tread of many feet" to me meant the paths of courage shown and victories won by those who went before us. I represented that aspect of my interpretation with the statues of some great American and Christian leaders - The Apostle Paul, Martin Luther King Jr, George Washington. The second part of the vision statement, 'I see a crowd and hear a distant cheer" to me represented the hope of the future for both adults and children who are following Christ today while also running the race God has called them to. I thought the words from the Bible in Hebrews 12:1 really bought home the message of this project, my artwork, and the vision statement.”

Heather Distant Taiwo

No comments:

Post a Comment